Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Character of Genuine Saving Faith

Here is a list from The John MacArthur Study Bible on The Character of Genuine Saving Faith. Please take the time and examine yourself, then forward this to others so they will have a biblical salvation and not a false conversion, which I'm afraid that so many have (as did I for many years).

If you don't have a good study Bible I highly recommend Dr. MacArthurs. See the video below for details.

-Chris

The Character of Genuine Saving Faith

2 Corinthians 13:5, Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves.

I. Evidences that neither prove nor disprove one’s faith

a. Visible morality: Matt 19:16-21
b. Intellectual knowledge: Romans 2:17ff
c. Religious involvement: Matt. 25:1-10
d. Active Ministry : Marr 7:21-24
e. Conviction of sin: Acts 24:25
f. Assurance: Matt 23
g. Time of decision: Luke 8:13-14

II. The fruit /proofs of authentic / true Christianity


a. Love for God: Luke 10:27, Romans 8:7
b. Repentance from sin: Psalm 32:5, II Cor 7:10, I John 1:8-10
c. Genuine Humility: Psalm 51:17, Matt 5:1-12, James 4:6-9
d. Devotion to God’s Glory: Psalm 105:3, Isaiah 43:7, I Cor 10:31
e. Continual Prayer: Luke 18:1, Eph. 6:18, James 5:16-18
f. Selfless love: I John 2:9ff, 3:14, 4:7ff
g. Separation from the world: I Cor. 2:12, James 4:4ff, I John 2:15-17
h. Spiritual Growth: Luke 8:15, John 15:1-6, Eph 4:12-16
i. Obedient Living: Matt 7:21, I Peter 1:2,22….I John 2:3-5

If list I is true of a person and list II is false or non-evident, then there could be cause to question the validity of one’s profession of faith.

If list II is true of a person, then list I will be true as well.








Bookmark and Share

For more on this and other topics, see archives.
First time here? Please read "Don't trust a word I say" in the archives, for details on the beliefs of this ministry.

2 comments:

Elmanjaggo said...

2Cr 13:5. Did you know that was the last post I put up on my blog?

Chris Shanks said...

Wow! I did not....when time allows, sometimes I put a few posts for "back up" in case I've had a busy week and that was one of them. That's pretty interesting that we did that. I didn't realize you had started posting. I will be checking it out closer when I get a chance. I'm glad you got started. It looks good!

-Chris