Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

You Must Suffer - John Piper

I want to use today's post to seriously promote the videos at www.I'llbehonest.com and at their Youtube site www.youtube.com/user/I'llbehonest The videos at these sites are top notch. Testimonies that are real, sermon clips that are not syrupy, "Purpose Driven", "Relevent" or "seeker friendly" they share the whole Gospel the way it used to be done before all the man centered junk that passes for Christianity today.

Here is a video from their site of John Piper preaching his heart out (as he always does), that being a Christian is not a bed of roses (as some would want us to believe), in fact it can be marked with suffering. That's not to say there won't be joy and peace, but if we're living for Him, and not for the world, there will be some form of persecution and in that we should rejoice.

Are you living for Him or trying to impress the world? I know I'm guilty..... Will you join me in 2009 and pray that we are a better witness for the One who redeemed those of us who have repented of our sins and trusted in Him for our salvation.
And if you haven't fully trusted Him.....why not? -Chris



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I'm going to check out the I'll Be Honest site, too.

I know a man who rejoices in his pain and suffering and he speaks boldly against the Word of Faith movement and comes highly recommended by my pastor, Dr. John MacArthur. He spoke at our church. If you go to his site, check out "demo." His name is Justin Peters and his site is: http://www.justinpeters.org

Chris Shanks said...

Thank you for visiting and the link to Justin Peters site. I have heard him mentioned before on the Way of the Master radio show and will check him out this weekend. How great it must be to sit under John MacArthur each week. He is my favorite teacher. I listen to him regularly and send people to his site. Thanks again!

-Chris

bert solomon said...

Pastor John has been used by God in my life in a most influential way. What he speaks resonates with my spirit and with the truth of God's word. this is the path i have chosen. these are the believers i long to be in fellowship with. Jesus is my treasure which i have stumbled over! He is of greatest value. I hope you will join me in knowing Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering, being conformed to His death.
Chris, great site and great post. Love you man!